SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
junkyardgirl

Well, in two weeks, I'm unemployed

junkyardgirl
15 years ago

I resigned, gave my two weeks notice. Long story, but it ended with my Asst. Mgr. raising her voice in an angry tone to me, and me very calmly asking her for a sheet of paper to write up my resignation.

I resolved long ago not to accept abuse from anyone, and that, in my book, was abuse.

It was a horrible week last week, and I had just had it up to my eyeballs with this place. I've been there over two years, and it has always been stressful, but got a lot worse when we changed store managers. The new Asst. is so hell bent on making him happy, that she overdoes things.

Well, he's not going to like coming home from vacation to find out that one of his best employees resigned. I'm determined not to go back this time. I quit once before, and had my department manager talk me into coming back.

In the last year, it's gotten so bad I have actually had to go on medication just to be able to go to work every day. Then I started talking to other employees, and you would not believe how many of them are on anti-depressants and tranquilizers! I just refuse to have to take chemicals into my body in order to tolerate my working environment.

I have a mandatory meeting in the morning early, and the manager should be back from vacation and there by then. We'll see if he even mentions it, or just lets me walk out. In a way, I hope he just lets me go. It would confirm what I've said all along, that they are trying to get certain people to quit, especially those making over $8 an hour.

I'm going to apply for unemployment under "hostile work environment". I actually have proof that I've complained about this before.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County