SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caroline94535

X-post; can you help me design curtains with limited fabric?

caroline94535
13 years ago

Hi Ladies,

I posted this on Home Decorating, but I thought I'd cast my net here, too. Could you share ideas on how make curtains from a limited amount of fabric?

I'm sorry this runs a bit long.

- - - - -

The draperies for the two bedroom windows are on hold. I simply can't find the "right" ones, nor the "right" fabric. I don't want to "settle" for something I'm not going to be happy with.

Digging through my fabric stash I found two lovely, coordinating fabrics I bought at Hancock's. They've since closed, so this is all the fabric I have to work with.

I have enough of these two fabrics to make four 30" wide panels of each fabric, eight panels total. The curtains would hang just below sill-length with generous hems and headings.

I had first thought to make wide panels consisting of:

30" wide floral, sewn to 30" wide striped, followed by 30" wide striped, sewn to 30" wide floral. Or the floral-striped sequence could be reversed.

These flat panels would be either shirred on a plain rod, or hung from a decorative pole with rings and clips.

Or...

I could use the striped fabric to make doweled Roman blinds. I could then hang a 30" wide floral panel on each side of the windows.

There would probably be enough fabric to make a valance, too, but I'm not too keen on valances.

The photos are poor quality but the yellow is a bright, true yellow and it looks good in my "Safari" painted bedroom.

Here are the fabrics...

I appreciate any ideas you can share.

Comments (11)