SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sayhellonow

Is there a way to do this?

sayhellonow
12 years ago

I've met a very nice man, and we have been seeing each other twice a week now for a couple of months. He jokingly said to me, "I think we've reached the second phase of this relationship." There has been no sex, but some very comfortable cuddling in front of the TV, and lots of talk. Between us, the families are ok (no problems and no children at home), as are the finances (neither of us has any debt or mortgage) and, so far anyway, lifestyle. We are both pretty happy people basically, although we both have the usual "baggage" of having been married before.

I've heard people say that, if it's meant to be it will be, or you shouldn't have to work at it. But I don't buy into either of those theories when there are two real human beings involved. Right now I think we are both doing everything "by the book" by deliberately not creating disagreements, by always being available to the other, and by being on our best behavior. So far that much is working. I'm looking for "the real thing" here, and he has told me that he is too.

So far, so good, right? So here's my question: Are there things I can do to deepen our relationship and bring us closer?

Comments (23)

Sponsored