SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susanka_gw

listello on 18' backsplash('I hate my kitchen' poster) pic

susanka
13 years ago

Hi, everybody -- I posted some time ago about hating my dark kitchen, wanting to replace the backsplash. Have brought so many tile samples home now I'm probably more confused rather than less. I want natural stone; that I'm sure of. Our backsplash is 18 inches tall everywhere, including over the stove, except under the window you see, where it's 13 inches. I'm considering this slate listello with a whitish stone beneath it, something close to the travertine sample leaning against it. The listello is 4 3/4 inches high. My questions are (1) Is this too much listello for this short backsplash, would it be better to leave the listello off and go with just diamonds as in the dark backsplash? (2) If I do the listello I wouldn't put it under the window, right? (3) Is a listello broken up by the window just going to look bad, period? (The backsplash continues for a few feet on the other side of the window.) Here's a closeup of my granite, verde esmeralda. Thank you, everyone, for all the help you've given me.

Comments (4)