SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
leej_gw

Craftsman 1/2 hp garage door opener

leej
17 years ago

Hi-

I've skimmed all the previous messages about the GDO, hoping to see a simialr problem and solution---with no luck. Ours is a 1998 13953664SRT for 2 doors with 2 remotes, and inside control pad, and an outside numeric pad. My husband has been fooling around with them for about a month, and I can't take it any more, so I got involved.

I read the manual, and had him follow the installation and troubleshooting info step-by-step.

Here's the status:

- Door #1: Door was bouncing up and down when you pressed the remote. We adjusted the force and distance settings, and the door seems to go up and down pretty smoothly now. It passed the box test in the manual, but did not pass the wood block safety test: the door stayed completely open with the piece of 2"x4" in the middle on the floor. The most disconcerting thing is that after the door closes, a humming sound comes from the opener (was there previously to our adjustments). It will only stop when the light button on either the remote or the wall control unit is pressed. How do I stop this infernal humming?

- Door #2: We couldn't get any signal/green light from the sensor receiver no matter what we did. We're installing a new sender/receiver unit this afternoon. We may have many questions after that!!!

Thanks so much! My husband has made this his mission in life, so I need to help him out before both garage doors are jetisoned down the street!

Lee J

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County