SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
homeownersue

Power washing vinyl siding

I had the vinyl siding power washed on my home 2 1/2 years ago, and for some reason, on two sides of the house, the GC who did the work left what can best be described as light-colored streaks (running vertically and evenly spaced). You can't see them close up, and I didn't notice them at first right after the work was done. The siding is very light gray and old. Frankly, I haven't followed up since other life and home issues have intervened. Someone told me the marks indicate poor power washing though I begged the guy to go easy since I had heard too much pressure would hurt the siding (and I do also have some issues with the deck power wash and refinish that I have posted in the appropriate forum). Like I said, if you go up close to the siding, you can't see it (so the siding appears to be intact, no holds or visible wearing of the finish). The two sides of the house affected do get more sun, one side in particular--I am thinking perhaps that has something to do with it? I am not able to re-side the house at this time, so am hoping for some advice about how to correct. Thanks!

Comments (2)