SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
penny_gw

Is this you?

Penny
24 years ago

The meeting is called to order, and a hush falls over the sober crowd, as the newest member brushes away a stray piece of photo tape, off her pants leg, as she stands, to confess her sins: "Hello, my name is Penny, and I am a scrapaholic." This, is of course no surprise to the other members, who have also at one time or another confessed to the same sin, and understand her torture. Penny continues, and the group leans closer to hear every pathetic word, some with a look of understanding, others with a merciless gleam in their eyes, as she bares her soul, and describes the painful aspects of her addiction: "It all started with a simple scrapbook, and a few page protectors, just a couple dollars a month habit, now it has turned into a room full of supplies, and a bank note." Several "amen sisters", can be heard among the crowd of onlookers. "I have no way of stopping, and I have just gotten the new catalog from Provo Craft!", she cries. The room now falls into a buzz of voices, as each of them secretly decide to ask for a copy of the catalog, as soon as they get back to their own emails, all the while proclaiming loudly to each other the downfall of such a practice. The meeting is stopped for a snack, and as one member reaches into her purse to pay her dues, a pair of curved scissors falls from her purse, declaring for all just how far she has back slid into her addiction. After such news, a surprise parking lot search is conducted, and Mar is duly chastised as a package of die cuts is found in her car's glovebox. Hanging her head, she finally admits that she has again, entered into yet another swap with a fellow addict. The members unanimously decide to split the offending objects amongst each other as her punishment. Mars, eyes begin to water as she watches her "fix" being spread out amongst the junkies on hand. Finally the meeting is called to a close, and everyone prays for the safe keeping of their scrapbooks, and as an after thought their families are included in the

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!