SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cspottrun

1/2 HP Craftsman GDO remotes won't work

cspottrun
17 years ago

I have a Craftsman GDO (the back of the remotes says: 139.53681 - to be honest, I don't know if that is the model number or not). I recently changed the batteries in one of my remotes, and it quit working. When I decided to check and see if the batteries were bad, and put those batteries in the other remote, it quit working, too. Now, I have two remotes that won't work. The wall mounted button that is wired into the back works, but I can't seem to get the remotes programmed (the remotes are the "security +" variety).

I have tried resetting all remotes and then reprogramming them, but can't seem to get the remotes to reprogram. I hold down the button on the remote, and then press the "SRT (learn)" button on the back of the opener. The manual says that the light on the panel will begin to blink and the opener light will flash once, but none of that happens. The light on the back of the panel turns on and stays on for about 30 seconds or until I let go of the button on the remote (whichever comes first). Then when I test the remote...nothing.

Anybody have any ideas - I'd really like to avoid spending the $75 or $80 for new remotes if I can.

Chris Spotts

Comments (7)