SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ctkitchenremodel

Dupont edge on countertop

ctkitchenremodel
15 years ago

Has anyone used a dupont edge on their countertops? My cabinets are a little more detailed than most, and although I originall wanted as simple eased or beveled edge, I didn't think a simple edge would go well. Then I thought I wanted an ogee, but when I looked at actual samples it looked like it would be more susceptible to chips and breakage, and not as comfortable to lean against, plus I didn't want it to be too busy, so I picked a dupont edge as a compromise. I have never seen photos of a kitchen done in that and am second guessing myself now once again. The cost is the same as the ogee, but is only 200.00 more than the standard edge, so cost isn't a factor at all.

These are my cabinets (please excuse the construction mess, it was taken a while ago), please give me your opinion. For those who like only simple lines, no I can't go back and change the cabinets. ;) But how do you think a simple edge would go with the cabinets vs. something more detailed, and the dupont vs ogee in particular. For more simple edges I do prefer eased or beveled edges to bullnose. Sooooo, eased, beveled, dupont or ogee quartz (Zodiac Cappuccino)?

Sue

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida