SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vacuumfreak

what kind of foot is this... and what do the numbers mean?

vacuumfreak
14 years ago

Hi sewing experts. I have a vintage Brother machine that came with a weird presser foot. One side is smaller than the other one. I was just wondering if this is a special presser foot, and what it was designed to be used for? Could this have possibly been the original foot that came on the machine? I know it does not give a 1/4th inch seam... much less than that. By the way, my newer machine came with a 1/4th inch quilting foot, but I thought the standard presser foot was 1/4th inch anyway, so what's the purpose of the additional foot?

Also, a question about stitch length. I know many older machines did "stitches per inch" on the dial. My new computerized one does them in half millimeter increments. But, this Brother has kind of a weird design and I can't figure out what the numbers on the gauge mean. I know how to make the stitch longer or shorter, but I don't really know how to read the numbers on the gauge. The lady who sold me the machine gave me a copy of the manual, but I don't think it addresses that. I didn't see it in there when I looked. If anyone has any insight, I'd sure appreciate it. Thanks!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES