SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
monicakm1

Cuisinart Toaster Oven/VERY Hot on Ouside

14 years ago

This is probably a bit OT, but I think my chances are better here than the Appliance forum.

I just purchased a Cuisinart Toaster Oven/Broiler (no convection). This is my first TO in many many years. The last one was a B&D under counter mount from the 90s and it's been gone for 9 years. Toasted a piece of bread as a trial run. OMGosh! The sides, top, back and (naturally) glass front were so incredibly hot! You can feel the heat radiating from 18" away. It sits right under an electrical outlet. There's no doubt in my mind the two cords behind the oven would be damaged in no time. It's about 4" from the side of the fridge. I can't help but think that's going to be a problem too. I moved it, expecting the granite beneath the oven would be blazing hot too but it wasn't. It was nice and cool. My question is, is this normal? I would have expected more insulation than that. If this is the norm for countertop toaster ovens, I'll just have to do without. I know the old under counter model didn't get that hot.

Monica

Here is a link that might be useful: Cuisinart Toaster Oven Model

Comments (9)