SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jennavanowsc

Need ideas for wall color w/ stained trim

JennaVaNowSC
12 years ago

Hello! I am mostly a lurker here because I do not have any way to post pictures.First off, I want to say thank you to all the talented people on this forum. I have gotten some wonderful ideas and been inspired to try a few things that I might not have had the nerve for, without you all.

A little background... We have a 20+ year old Colonial. The trim, crown molding, etc is stained. The closest color I can match it to on the charts is Minwax Rosewood.

I have used Laura Ashley Olive (3 and 4 i think) in LR, DR, stairwell and upstairs bedrooms. We have a soft Gold color in Kit, Family Room and 1 bedroom. The gold was a color I purchased years ago at Bombay Company. Remember when they sold paint, briefly? Our upstairs rooms are getting redone, and some rooms switched around, as to their purpose. I have ripped the old matted mauve-y carpet up and will be putting down laminate.

Can anyone direct me to posts, or websites showing wall colors with stained trim? Every where i look, the trim is white. So it is hard to envision.

I do not have a camera to post pictures, only my cell phone camera. I know you all need pictures, and wish that a camera was in the budget.

IF anyone has the time to assist i would be so grateful. The bonus room over the garage, (sloped ceiling) has always been a den, but will become the new guest bedroom. It is empty and waiting for a new coat of paint.

Thank you all in advance, and Happy 4th!

Comments (11)