SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
darkhybrid

School uniforms have many benefits and different kinds of uniform

darkhybrid
16 years ago

I am in grade 12 at the moment and the school I go to has uniforms.

This is what my opinion is based on.The following is what I got published in a letter to the editor article I wrote a couple years ago.

Why should kids go to school wearing uniforms? Why pay large large sums of money to purchase uniforms for your child(ren)? Is it a good idea to put uniforms in both catholic and public and private schools? Will it promote a better school enviroment? What do uniforms actually represent?Do they work? These are questions asked by many parents, teachers and students like me.

School uniforms help to create a strong sense school ethos and a particular community.As such it promotes discipline and helps keep up academic standards, which is why a uniform is often adopted by schools which re-opened with a fresh start after being classified as failing

It acts as a social leveller, under which all students are equal in the eyes of the school and of each other. The insitutionswithout uniforms are often competitive and worry endlesslyabout their appearance and the clothes they wear. Students without expensive designer clothes and shoes may be singled out as outcasts, or stigmatized as being from poor backgrounds. For these reasons many parents prefer uniforms.

Uniforms have practical benefitswhen students are outside the school building. Being readily indentified with a particular insititution may make students more aware of their behavior while travelling to and from the school, leading them to act more considerately. On organized trips away from the school it is much easier for teachers to ensure they haven't lost anyone and to monitor behaviour, than if the students wore there own clothes and blended in with the crowds.

Uniforms prepare students for life after education, when most will be expected to dress smartly and appropriately for work, adhering to a corporate dress code.

Having uniforms in schools is a good thing sometimes the only way to make a rough going school calm.

Students in most schools should have uniforms. No matter the kind of school.

Like at my school for uniforms we have for unisex: golf shirts [(navy blue, red and white)with school name], long sleeve polo shirts [(navy blue, red and white)with school name],vest[(black)with school logo and name],Yukon fleece sweater [(navy blue)with school logo and name], blazer[(black)with school logo and name], pullover sweater[(black)with school logo and name],

For boys: navy blue and kakia dress pants and shorts, oxford stirts[(short and long sleeved)with school name],

For girls: plaid skirt and navy blue skirt,flat-front navy blue and kakai dress pants and walking shorts, french cut blouses [(long and short sleeved)with school name], and jumpers for all girls grade 9-12.

There is choice in what too wear even if thier are uniforms. Even though at some schools everyone dresses exactly alike.

That is all.

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!