SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jlahav_gw

Show me pics of your bright, wood kitchens!!

Jlahav
12 years ago

So, I'm remodeling my kitchen in my new (and first) house, so I'm a bit nervous about the consequences of my design choices! I'm attracted to the french-country style off-white kitchen for a few reasons: a. the kitchen is SMALL, so I want light colors to keep the space looking as big as it could look; b. I spend a lot of time in the kitchen, so I want something bright and calming at the same time. I must admit that I am generally attracted to a slightly rustic look when it comes to kitchens, albeit slightly contemporary as well (I wouldn't say terribly contemporary - maybe best termed as transitional?)

So when I walked into the cabinet store last week, I saw a backsplash that I LOVED and a granite that looked GREAT with it, and decided I'd go with the off-white cabs. (Here's a link to the backsplash, and the granite is arctic white with a beautiful vein: http://www.ceneo.pl/showPicture.aspx?productID=7674372).

Of course, I'm now being nagged by doubt. Generally, I like the look of wood, better than painted wood. I'm nervous the style will go out of style in ten years. I'm nervous I'll be a slave to the white cabinets, with the kids and all.

My main requirement is that the kitchen be BRIGHT. There's not a ton of natural light coming in, so this is a MUST.

So, I ask you, can you pls post pics of your beautiful, bright, stained or natural wood kitchens?? I need some visual inspiration here to see if anything else appeals to me, so I'm sound in my decision making.

THANK YOU!

J

Comments (34)