SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crystal_gw

polariods

23 years ago

Help! I am working on an album for my parent's 25th anniversary. I have lots of polariods, which I know I can not crop. What can I do with them? Any ideas?

Comments (5)

• 23 years ago

I would make yourself a template that you could use to cut out mats to lay on top of the picture covering up the white part. You could make some of them bigger and cut them with decorative scissors, put stickers on the larger part of the frame etc. Hope that helps.

Pam

• 23 years ago

Or make color copies or scan them - then you could crop the copies.
    Hilary

• 23 years ago

I didn't know you shouldn't crop, why not? What should I do about the few I have cropped.
    Thanks
    Pat

• 23 years ago

I have cropped several polaroids and nothing has happened to them. They say not to, but nothing ever happened to mine. If you are worried though, your best bet would be to make a color copy on photo paper. You can even blow them up to make them bigger, etc. since polaroids are so small to begin with - good luck! :)

• 23 years ago

The polaroids develop themselves through self-contained chemicals. There are toxic chemicals sandwiched between the layers of paper which leech out when you cut into the photo. They will eventually discolor and eat away at whatever they come in contact with. Put all your polaroids on an 11x14 or 11x17 sheet of paper and let the copy shop make a color photocopy for you.

Sponsored
River Mill Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Delaware County's Customer Focused General Contractor