Houzz Logo Print

Repair kitchen cabinet?

15 years ago

My cabinet under the sink is shot- the formica or whatever it is, has gotten wet and cracked, particle board is showing. Problem is, the cabinet goes into a blind corner and the bottom can't be replaced easily. Plus we aren't as young and limber as we used to be. The leak has been fixed, but this issue has to be taken care of.

The surface is fairly level, I thought maybe we could coat it with that rubberized paint used for coating handles on tools. Would that work? Any other ideas? DH really doens't want to cut out the base and I can't afford to replace the whole cabinet right now.

Comments (2)

Jennifer Gilmer Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Award Winning Kitchen & Bath Design Team | 11x Best of Houzz