SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shelayne

Head is Spinning--Home Depot or??? (x-posted)

shelayne
15 years ago

Well, I have started the process of looking at granite slabs, and there was really only one to which I was drawn, and that was Blue Pearl. While I was at HD the other day, I decided to check out what they offered for granite and see their pricing. That is when I saw ANOTHER color that I really liked. And the best part--it is their Level A granite! (And it is 10% off right now!) Of course, HD renamed it "Platinum Blue", but I came home, googled, and discovered it is Azul Platino.

Of course, every showroom I am checking out does NOT have the Azul Platino, so I can't really see it on a big ole slab, instead of that little strip at HD. I am very wary of ordering something sight unseen and knowing nothing about the fabricator. I read on the Stonemark site that they select the stone for you. I just don't know how comfortable I am with that. Has anyone gone the HD route with their granite, and if so, were you involved in the process, or did you have to cross your fingers? I would like to be armed with info that other stores allow the customer to view the slabs and know something about their fabricator, if that is the case. Just in case they try to tell me that "that is not how it works". Were you satisfied with your installation and/or Home Depot's response to any of your concerns?

I also met with a sales guy at a showroom yesterday, and he offered me an incredible deal on Volga Blue. Unfortunately, it just didn't look right in our kitchen, and hubby didn't like it. So for me, it really comes down to Blue Pearl or Azul Platino. He showed me Blue Pearl, but it was quite a bit more than the Volga Blue he offered, so I am talking to another guy that has a good price on the BP and does not charge extra for cutouts. So, of course, my head is totally spinning. My decision could be made for me, if I could see a slab (or at least a sizable chunk) of Azul Platino.

For someone who, only a couple of months ago, was SO BLASTED CERTAIN she was doing LG Hi Macs in Azure Quartz, this whole process is really starting to freak me out. Ha!

(And just as an example of how nutzy I am becoming, I accidentally posted this in the wrong forum! D'OH!)

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz