SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dominatus_gw

Eliminate walk In closet for bigger bathroom?

dominatus
12 years ago

So here's my dilemma:

Right now we have a pretty small master bath (5 x 8 feet) next to a fairly small "walk in closet" (5 x 5 feet). There's not enough room for clothes to comfortably hang from both sides of the walk in, so there's only usable space on 2 of the walls. As far as walk-ins go, it's pretty much the bare minimum.

So what I'm considering is extending the bathroom all the way into the closet, that would bring the bathroom to 5x13 feet, and give me much more room to have a nice sized shower, linen closet, and double vanity (as opposed to how it is now, 3x3 shower, single vanity and no linen closet). To replace the closet I was thinking of a 13 foot built in wardrobe like this:

http://starcraftcustombuilders.com/images/Closet/WardrobeWalll_72dpi_600x350.jpg

That would definitely hold more stuff than the current walk in does, but is a "walk in closet" such a big deal that it will hurt the resale? Personally I feel a closet system like this is a huge upgrade over a tiny 5x5 walk in, but I know opinions differ on that.

What does everyone think?

Comments (8)