SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jason2483

Total Gut Job - Need Layout Help

JASON2483
10 years ago

Hello:
We just recently purchased a home just over 1700 sqft in the South Florida area. The home, a mid-century ranch was in rather horrible condition. We were going to remodel a few areas and live in the rest. However, after removing a few areas of the house it became evident that a total gut of the house would be better.
The house has almost an inverted "L" shape. It is or was a 3/2. I am trying to give the house a more open feel with open living spaces yet with accents that define the spaces. because of the "L" shape to the backyard, I want to have open doors/windows allowing people to go to the yard from the living spaces rather easily. Especially in South Florida, outdoor entertainment is more than indoor. Either way, I am trying to get the most bang for my buck in this total make over. I do not want to redo a house and feel that I could have made something better or bigger/smaller. I know that is a hard request and nothing is perfect. However, I dont want to feel that I rebuilt the same house that I just destroyed.
Just a bit of info, I have drafted 15 different versions of this house and keep on thinking of different things. I really need other peoples opinion and thoughts. The image is attached of the most recent. The drawing prior to this had a larger master by elimination of the dining area. Also, the laundry was larger as it went a bit further into the closet and MB.
I know some of the titles on the floorplan are not correct or completed... please excuse.

Any ideas/thoughts and comments are welcomed. Does it flow? I looked at the NAHB website and it seems my % for each room are off for the whole square footage that I have. according to my calculations from the percentages used on average for each room on a house my size, All of my rooms/areas should be a bit larger... I just dont know how to do that at this point.. . Need fresh eyes...

Comments (5)