soft-close mechanism for house doors?

12 years ago

This isn't exactly a repair question but this still seemed like the most suitable forum in which to ask it. I'm wondering if any kind of mechanism exists similar to that which is used to give kitchen cabinets a soft-close, but for house doors? I'd especially like to find something that can easily be attached without any drilling, if such a thing exists. We have a door right below an upstairs bedroom leading to the backyard which is frequently slamming shut. If anybody could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

Comments (6)