SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jinin_gw

What is quickly built homes?

jinin
12 years ago

We bought our home 9 years back...House is originally built by Toll Borthers in NJ in 1986. When we bought the house, it was not in nicely maintained condition but over the years we did lot of changes/remodeling projects such as new floors, new a/c,heater, patio,kitchen etc, so far we have put in around $100,000. 2 years back we remodeled our kitchen and year after kitchen was done, we ran into lot of problems with structure under kitchen and kitchen floor, I will write about those problems in details in other posts. To fix the problem under kitchen I am calling lot of contractors, inspectors, structural engineers to get an estimate and understanding of problem. Few of them mentioned to me.."these are quickly built homes" what does that exactly mean? does it mean, these houses are going to keep having problems, does it mean that they are not going to last longer? homes in our community are in the range of 600,00 - 800,000 they are not cheap but I don't know what to make out of such remarks..does it mean we should sell this house than keep repairing or making it better? any suggestions, thoughts will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comments (7)