SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
Houzz Logo Print
trailrunnerbiker

post a picture....

trailrunner
9 years ago

Only requirements are that you take it today...has to be a new pic and only post one. Can be anything that strikes your fancy....inside or outside...person, place or thing. Note I said "today", so we can keep this going as long as their is interest. Go ! c

Comments (150)

• Miz_M
    9 years ago

Thank you so much, all, your kind words made me feel so good! :)

I just love all the random pictures, too fun. :)

• trailrunner
    Original Author
    9 years ago

YUM! what time is lunch "Scarlett " ????? you are so cute ! Oakley...great news !! We didn't have much in the way of fireworks here since it was raining. They have been postponed till Labor Day weekend. Keep the "one day in your life " photos coming...this is so much fun.

Miz_M...thank you for sharing...and when he is done with your carpentering...I could sure use him here...maybe we can switch..DH does house calls and will cook to your orders :) c

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    9 years ago

Oakley, don't just call people you know. Call veterinarians within a 25 mile radius as well as all the shelters in the area and in nearby areas. There are lots of dogs that take off in fright during the fireworks and she may very well be one. Just think how heartbroken you would be if one of your fur babies disappeared and no one really looked for the true owner. You can also post pics on Facebook and ask people to share and post "found dog" pictures in grocery stores. I am betting someone is missing that sweetie.

Love all the pictures. This was a great idea, Trail!

• blfenton
    9 years ago

Bee - so glad your DD is ok.

Miz_M - congratulations on your engagement. Two loves in a lifetime - what a blessing.

if I knew how to post, my pic today will show a book on my lap with my feet up on a stool. That's my plan for today.

• Tmnca
    9 years ago

Russian sage blooming... I am glad the heat wave is over but the flowers sure loved it!

Oakleyoak, I am glad you found the dogs owners, I have volunteered for many animal rescue groups over the years and I know the flood of missing pets inquiries that come every 4th of July. Sure there are sime things tgar cN make pets safer but even the most responsible pet owners sometimes cannit prevent their animal escaping when teuely panicked. Fireworks might be fun for some people but to animals they are terrifying. Horses in pasture panic and run or brought into the barn they panic and injure themselves trying to get out... Dogs go through windows and break out of yards owners thought were secure :(

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    9 years ago

Oops, sorry oakley. Don't know how I missed the post about finding the pup's owners. Yippee!

This post was edited by cyn427 on Sun, Jul 7, 13 at 14:46

• PRO
    Diane Smith at Walter E. Smithe Furniture
    9 years ago

An unharmed (except for the thumb!) child, a found pup and a love story. Not to mention hunky men, beautiful gardens and wonderful meals. I love this thread!

I mentioned I was at work yesterday and am again today. Quiet so far so I can take a peek at gw while I eat my salad.

I had one of my favorite customers in yesterday along her daughter and her little friend. The girls amused themselves on the giant chalkboard. I just love the sweet little drawings the children come up with.

• ArlingtonVAremodel
    9 years ago

Breakfast at (with) Wimbledon today (strawberries, cream, and scones not shown). We have no connection to the UK - just tennis fans.

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    9 years ago

Poor geranium! From the upstairs window....

• schoolhouse_gw
    9 years ago

bumblebeez! too cute!

• Sueb20
    9 years ago

Travelin' Bulldogs

• mrsmortarmixer
    9 years ago

Mr. Frog joined me for my morning shower. Safely released under the shade of the persimmon trees.

• Sandy1963
    9 years ago

I had a shy visitor in my yard this morning, thank goodness the dog wasn't outside yet to scare her away!

• alex9179
    9 years ago

Thankful that the PO planted drought tolerant plants! We're supposed to have rain all week long, thank goodness, but I'm getting antsy as the clouds roll in and no rain yet.
    We've only reached voluntary water conservation, though, unlike a large part of Tx.

• Oakley
    9 years ago

Cyn, with it being the weekend we couldn't take her to the vet, but we planned on doing it tomorrow and have her checked for a chip. I found out we shared the same vet.

I did post her picture on FB which is how she was found. This is the second dog that's come to us in 2 months, and both were found via FB.

I wish they'd go to someone else's house though. :)

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    9 years ago

I would want to keep each and every one that showed up at my door, oakley! She was lucky to have wandered to your place!

• Sara_in_philly
    9 years ago

Oh, this is such a great thread! All the cats, dogs,beautiful garden, ....

miz_m, congratulation! You deserve all the happiness in the world.

Allow me to add a newly hatched blue bird baby to the list of wild animals showed up here: the deer, the bunny, and the frog.

• Boopadaboo
    9 years ago

Loved reading this thread. Hanging with the kids today. I can't get them to sit still or be in a pic together though!

• joaniepoanie
    9 years ago

Sara in Philly....talk about robins egg blue! Beautiful! Also love the sweet faces of all the kids!

• trailrunner
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Plants, animals and children..what is NOT to love about this ? Nice to have a thread that has such a personal touch , written any way we want. It is ALL good ! I am so glad I thought of it...but I had no idea how it would go. What a lovely surprise. Every time I open it another treat in store. Keep the pics coming . Tomorrow is another day. c

• homebodymom
    9 years ago

One of our foster kittens decided we didn't need this roll of Charmin ;)

• nhbaskets
    9 years ago

I'll add to the animal collection. This guy came over to say hello when we stopped to pick up a bundle of firewood at a road side stand.

• CLBlakey
    9 years ago

We stopped at an Alberta Disaster Relief Concert today after church so are running late for lunch but still to early for supper so may I present Lupper..................

(for those inclined to pray High River, AB could really use some)

• bird_lover6
    9 years ago

A reminder to us all:

• Olychick
    9 years ago

I had a male robin flailing himself at his reflection against all my windows, trying to chase off the interloper from his territory. For weeks. They all need washing now. To try to discourage him from messing up the living room windows, I took some lengths of curling ribbon and attached to the windows with craft glue dots. Then one day I looked out and saw a female robin had plucked all the ribbon off the windows to adorn the four nests she was building on my side porch. They are so festive, and decor related don't you think?

They raised their brood, all have fledged, but the nests remain and make me smile every time I look up at them. She did a great job decorating my porch, even tho' her guy was a dodo.

This post was edited by olychick on Sun, Jul 7, 13 at 18:33

• drybean
    9 years ago

Love all the animals!

We went to the Getty center today where my little artists got some practice in:

• joaniepoanie
    9 years ago

Too cute-- foster kitty and TP and the "ribbon" nests!

• badgergal
    9 years ago

It was a gorgeous summer day today- perfect day to jump in the lake- even the dog thought so:

• awm03
    9 years ago

I love my rhubarb plant. It needs hardly any care, looks great in the garden, and supplies delicious summer produce for weeks. I've frozen 8 pint jars of strawberry rhubarb sauce (soft jam, actually, without the waterbath canning). My son's friend loves to bake. I gave him 4 stalks yesterday, and he came by with a wonderful rhubarb pie today.

• trailrunner
    Original Author
    9 years ago

WOW!! I am so blown away by the pics ! The art pic with your precious dd drawing and the delectable Wimbledon Breakfast. Puppies and more puppies ! And that gorgeous rhubarb . Oly..those nests and that story...that is just fantastic and I don't blame you for leaving them..wafting in the breeze. birdlover...that is absolutely the truth...much like the Aesop's Fable...if your hand is full you can't get it out of the jar ! nh and homebody...from kitty to cow !

Yes Alberta has been much in my thoughts . I was caught in the mudslides last year on my bike trip as we were entering the area approaching Banff na't park. We kept
    getting turned back . I will hope that things get better soon ! Lovely pic of your meal !

This just gets better and better...as was stated before ...these lovely glimpses into everyday lives. Thank you all for sharing. c

• geokid
    9 years ago

When I was a young girl, I spent many summers and long weekends at my aunt and uncle's house in the country about three hours from where I grew up. I haven't been back in almost 25 years but today I decided to take a drive and see if I could find the place. I only made one wrong turn on an unmarked dirt road and I found it! My aunt passed away two summers ago and I was really overcome today thinking about all the wonderful memories of her and me on her little "farm" in the country.

• melsouth
    9 years ago

I've never posted a pic before, but I practiced yesterday on the test forum.
    I'm going to post the same pic here.
    We've had rain all week, so it was nice to see the sun. :)

• CLBlakey
    9 years ago

Geo sometimes memory lane is a nice drive

Melsouth love how you captured the rays.

• loribee
    9 years ago

Bee - very happy your DD is okay....
    Miz_M - congratulations!!
    Deb - I want to be you when I grow up...so healthy!!

Charming thread, especially that sweet new baby girl !
    Love all the pix, great idea....

• trailrunner
    Original Author
    9 years ago

DD and her fur baby this AM. Turtle is SO glad to have her Momma back :)

• happy2b…gw
    9 years ago

I love the photos, descriptions, and the stories. Very quiet here this morning after a glorious weekend with the daughters, their husbands and grands. I included a picture of the house sign that my husband made recently and is very proud of.

• natesgram
    9 years ago

Taken at Disneyland

• CLBlakey
    9 years ago

Not finished the chandy project yet and my friend gives me something new to repurpose. What to do with a 3 ft round mirror. Too plain to keep it as it is..........................

• mom2girls_2008
    9 years ago

Thank you, Trailrunner for a great thread! Really enjoying all the pictures and stories. I had an appointment in NYC this morning and took this photo during my cab ride. It is the NY Public Library on Fifth Avenue. It was a beautiful morning in the city :)

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    9 years ago

Mom2girls, your picture reminded me of one of my favorite poems!

Metamorphosis by Billy Collins

If Kafka could turn a man into an insect in one sentence
    Perhaps he could transform me into something new,
    A slow willful river running through a forest,
    Or simply the German word for river, a handful of letters
    Hidden in the dark alphabetical order of a dictionary.

Not that I am so miserable, but I could use a change
    of scenery and substance, plus the weather reminds me of him.
    I imagine Kafka at his desk: the nib of his pen,
    Like the beak of a bird, disturbs the surface of a pool of ink,
    And he writes a sentence at the top of a page

Changing me into a goldfish or a lost mitten
    Or a cord of split wood or the New York Public Library.
    Ah, to awaken one morning as the New York Public Library.
    I would pass the days observing old men in raincoats
    As they mounted the ponderous steps between the lions

Carrying wild and scribbled notes inside their pockets.
    I would feel the pages of books turning inside me like butterflies
    I would stare over Fifth Avenue with a perfectly straight face.

• kswl2
    9 years ago

Loving all these photos! What a great "slice of life" and insight into all our lives :-)

Mine is from the weekend... it rained buckets and we had one long lazy day after another... this is my precious Mr. Fluffy. Is he not the cutest dog, ever??

• tinam61
    9 years ago

I may have to fight you for that title KSWL (LOL)! Here's my pup - bored with riding LOL!

tina

• beekeeperswife
    9 years ago

I know these are 3 photos. But it is because my iPhone lens is scratched and I have to flip the camera so it uses the lens on the side with the screen, so you can't get a real good view, etc. So, just imagine these three as one picture!

This is my haul from Saturday--my Henry Link Bedroom furniture for $100!!!

Yes the end tables are upside down on top of each other.

(sorry for breaking the rules, trail!)

• trailrunner
    Original Author
    9 years ago

haha...bee...that is why we have rules...so we CAN break them :) I love it another bee-utiful deal !!

The poem is perfect and I love that library on 5th...have ridden my bike by it many times while in NYC. Gorgeous flower from disney natesgram ! Blakey...my Mom had a mirror like that and I sure wish I had it now..have no idea where she got rid of it...I loved that old mirror.

Tina's toes and puppies tongue...MATCH !! kswl..it is too close to call...they are both precious !! riverhouse...another very talented DH on this forum. we are over loaded with them !! That is one very nice sign. Can we see the house ? I bet it is lovely too.

Well we are almost at an end...so what shall we do ? Have a part ll and keep it going...our little slice of life thread..I do like that title. Let me know and I will start another one.

I think the nicest part of this thread is the special camaraderie that has developed within the forum.I like it..feels so good. Thank you for all the lovely comments and most of all thank you for being here for each other. c

• kswl2
    9 years ago

Much as I hate to admit it, Tina, your little guy is awfully cute!

Here's a wider shot: {{!gwi}}

and here's our other furry friend, Madison:
    {{!gwi}}

He's sweet, she's crazy!

• jillinnj
    9 years ago

OK, I'm cheating. This is not today. It's last weekend when my beautiful daughter got married. She is still on her honeymoon, so I am posting this pic where her face is obscured since I cannot get permission to post one of her face shown. She was radiant, in my not so impartial view :-) It was a beautiful wedding. All my hard work paid off, and I am still on cloud 9!

• ice1
    9 years ago

http://s304.photobucket.com/user/icei/media/image-7.jpg.html"; target="_blank">

Summers are or can be wonderful here in Iceland. The time here now is 22:26

• CLBlakey
    9 years ago

slice of life thread- Do continue I am loving getting to know everyone I have been on here for about a year and just now starting to feel part of it as I get to know you all. Thanks Trail

• cat_mom
    9 years ago

jillinnj--even with an obscured view--your daughter does look radiant and very beautiful! So glad all your hard work paid off!

• trailrunner
    Original Author
    9 years ago

kswl...two cuties for sure...so much personality !!

jill...what a moment ...a lovely picture. So wonderful that you shared it with us. Thank you .

ice...that is amazing !! I have never been to iceland but that is a pic that is worth a 1000 words for sure.

Blakey...I feel the same way . Thank you ! c

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars65 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz