SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
housebroke94025

Help! Need affordable large patio doors.

housebroke94025
10 years ago

I am building an in-law unit / pool house in the yard and want one side to have a large (twelve foot) glassed in opening. I would like to have a four panel sliding patio door setup, with the two middle panels opening and the two outside ones stationary so there is a large, six foot uninterrupted opening in the middle.

I went to HomeDepot and got quotes for two different major brands in this set up (Anderson and Jeld-Wen). $7200-8000! And that is with their current 15% off sale. I need to find a cheaper alternative.

I would consider hinged French doors, with one opening pair in the center and two full size fixed doors flanking like sidelights, if it would save significant cash. I don't think two 72 inch sliders units would look too good because of the need for a center support. Bi-fold like Nano wall could look spectacular, but likely to be even more expensive.

Anyone have any ideas how I can fill 12 feet with glass, preferably center opening and a traditional French door look, without spending a fortune? Brands and where to buy much appreciated.

Comments (8)