SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
frank1203

Driveway Border Ideas

frank1203
15 years ago

Hi, I am currently getting estimates to re-blacktop my driveway. Part of the job also will include having the contractor put some kind of curb/divider/border between my property and my neighbor's property and run the blacktop right up against it. Some contractor's suggested a "concrete curb' similar to what is used in the street but I want something a bit more attractive. Other contractors have suggested various kinds of paver blocks or cobblestone that would be cemented together. My problem is - money is an object! I'd rather spend the money on a solid blacktop job and less on the border but at the same time, I want something attractive that will hold up. I do not like railroad ties. Can anyone suggest something that can be used for a border that is fairly inexpensive, but attractive that wil run up the side of my property (approx. 100 ft.). I'm less worried about strength because the driveway is prettywide and it is unlikely that my car will ever hit it. Any ideas you have would be great! Thanks in advance!

Comments (3)