SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
reinvestor_gw

roof vent stack flashing help

reinvestor
17 years ago

I installed a new roof vent stack flashing. I cut the hole and installed the 1.5" pvc pipe. The roof shingles are crumbling. The old roof under the new one is in better shape than the new roof. The new roof is gone in this area and the old shingles at the top of the flashing are cracked. I installed it the other day and i put some roof cement around the cut out,then nailed it down top and bottom and then put cement all around the flashing except the rubber boot I went today because we have heavy rains and it's leaking. The directions on the flashing said nothing about not using roof cement, but now on Oatey's website it says use no cement or caulking. I'm gonna rip it out and start new.

Can anyone send me easy detailed instructions. Keeping in mind the shingles are shot where the top of the flashing should go under them. I can install a couple new ones temporarly and cement above them if that will help? I am going to install a new roof --- but I want to get the inside finished before i start outside.

thanks

easytradernj@aol.com

Comments (2)