SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
yoyoma_gw

Help for DD and DS Rooms

yoyoma
15 years ago

There are two bedrooms, one for DD (4 yrs) and one for DS (1 mo). I'd like help on how to decorate for a house I just moved to. The contractor will be adding baseboard, chair rail and crown molding for both rooms, although maybe I don't need crown molding for boy's room? And paint as well. Each room has one window, DD room is about 10x10, and DS room is about 10x9.

It's a 60's ranch and I'd prefer simple over ornate if possible. Since the rooms are pretty small, especially DS room, I was thinking any way to make it seem larger would be good. I was thinking of using two shades of pink for DD room, separated by the white chair rail, and two shades of blue, for DS room. Baseboard and crown molding should also be white I imagine?

Here are my options for MDF crown molding:

MDF crown molding

Here are options for the baseboard and chair rail:

Baseboard & Chair Rail

My contractor says to pick a Kelly-Moore paint, and I was thinking of using a low-VOC paint with eggshell finish since it can be cleaned easier, and a flat finish, whitish color for the ceilings.

Can anyone help out with colors and moulding combos I might use? Thanks for any suggestions.

Comments (7)