Houzz Logo Print

repairing kitchen wall cabinets 'in place'

13 years ago

Client has tall kitchen wall cabinets where the sides are pulling away from the backs that are attached to the wall. These are supposedly 12 yr old quality cabs, but I don't know the mfr off-hand. Obviously a dangerous situation. Do you think the cabs have to be removed and repaired, or could they be emptied, then upper corner braces added, etc? With a crown molding top, I'm hoping for an in-place solution, though I suppose the face frames could be unscrewed and the cabs dropped and removed, then repaired. Thoughts? Thanks.

Comments (3)

MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler