SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hambone13

silestone Home Depot

hambone13
17 years ago

Since buy and installing a countertop is not something we do on a regular basic, need to give other members some input on my experience buying Silestone from Home Depot.

First I live in small rural community, no options except to travel for services. Signed on bottom line for Silestone countertops sold at Home Depot. What they did not tell me after signing, first 3-4 weeks was actually almost 6 from template measuring. Then all of the fabrication was done in another state. The countertop was to have an undermount sink which was provided to the fabricator. The cut out was totally unacceptable and so sent it back but since every thing is done in another state I am looking at eating down the basement for another several weeks while they redo something that should have been done correctly in the first place. Their display in the store is terrific, mine is way off, 1/2 inch in corners and nothing on the sides. Contract states 1/4in. But the inability of a timely fix, only make trips on Mondays and then waiting for another opening from installers is what is the most upsetting. I did not know the process of Home Depot's selling of this product, others need to be aware of this.

Comments (8)