SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
magothyrivergirl

QofYear 12/31/09 How did the Quilt Forum Enrich your Life?

magothyrivergirl
14 years ago

I don't mean hints like use starch (although a good one for sure), but how has this particular group of quilters enriched your lives during this past year?

For me, I only started quilting a little over a year ago, so it goes without saying I learned alot about techniques here!

Most of all, I learned that a group of people, most of who do not know each other & probably will never meet, are able to come together over a common & unique activity and share triumphs and the occasional pitfall. A call out for help or opinions is always answered quickly. You have welcomed me and other new quilters, and other new members with open arms. Many of you have been here a long time, so I appreciate everyone's "the more the merrier" attitude.

The Forum has definitely enriched my life thru my participation in the Block Lottos and Mary's Quilt of Valor and I am looking forward to the Birthday Blocks for 2010. It has made be a better piecer / quilter, setting the standards higher then at the classes I've taken. The hostesses are especially appreciated.

We see a snippet of life from each other here, and I feel enriched by the sharing of experiences, ways of life and differences in the areas we live. I am touched beyond words at the reaching out to me personally during my DH's heart surgery. Thank you Mary! I will never forget.

Thanks to all for all that you share! Happy New Year - May you never run out of Bobbin Thread in the Middle of your Quilting!

Comments (25)