SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mariaswell

Help with backsplash, please?

mariaswell
13 years ago

Hello! I am new to posting here, though I've long visited to look at all the pretty pictures of your kitchens, and I'm hoping for some advice on my backsplash.

I call my kitchen design "a play on white", lol as I'm using no less than 5 shades of white, including the backsplash. I like that the different whites make a white kitchen look almost colorful. Anyway, I am surrounding my garden window and the backsplash of the stove with this tile:

http://www.classictileny.com/productgallery.php?catid=39&pagename=&subcatId=2375

I chose these tiles because of the way they pop out, so to speak, and have a wavy texture. I will be laying these in the typical subway/brick pattern, and they will go all the way to the countertop as the countertop has no backsplash. For the rest of the backsplash I will be using a basic flat dal tile subway, not the same white as the atigo around the window. I'm fine with the color difference as that's the theme of my kitchen anyway, and I'm okay with the fact that the two tiles have different textures/depth, what I'm wondering is if I should lay the flat tile in a vertical pattern instead of the traditional brick pattern? Both tiles are 3x6, but as I said the atigo tile will stick out further than the dal tile. I guess I'm just trying to find a way of joining the two tiles as I don't want it to look like I ran out of one tile and used another to finish the job, rather I want to accentuate the difference between them.

I really don't like using trim tile, I want to keep the look very simple using just the subway tiles.

I hope someone has some ideas as I've been stressing about this for a while now and should have had this done 2 weeks ago, lol

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012