SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
muskokascp_gw

Backsplash help - what about shiplap?

muskokascp
10 years ago

My kitchen has been done for about 18 months and while I have not done a formal reveal, many of you have probably seen it. The kitchen was an addition which also included enlarging the laundry/mudroom and relocating the main floor powder room. By the end of this I had decision burn out and took a break....although the powder room is only 90% done and the laundry room still a mess. But never mind that , moving on it's time to wrap up and finish those pesky kitchen details.

The backsplash I'm talking about is not a prominent part of the space . It sits beside the ovens and in behind the fridge in an L shape. In fact when you first walk in the kitchen you won't even see this area right away. The main part of the kitchen is dominated by two large windows and there is only 7" of space between the counter and window so we decided to continue the quartzite up the wall and behind the cooktop.

I love backsplash tile! Love it! Breezy's recent thread and all those tile suggestions was such fun to follow. I always figured my backsplash would be tile - probably white since I don't want too many beauty queens competing in the kitchen. I've had Heath ceramics oval tile samples for over a year and while I think they would be really nice, the price gives me pause. I have to finish the laundry room after all!

Which brings me to shiplap. I have noticed that I always pause and admire it when I see it in a kitchen = alabama mommy and mamadadapaige come to mind. So what do we think - should I go for shiplap in this area? Should I do the entire window wall or go only as high as the under cabinet height area? Or do I go with tile ?

Comments (10)