SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ncamy_gw

Master bedroom furniture placement...need advice quick!

ncamy
15 years ago

After 25 years of sleeping on a double bed we had decided to upgrade to a queen. Now we are looking at a KING! When we started playing around with the furniture layout we were having trouble including the desired sitting area along with a good spot for the TV. So it hit me that perhaps if we had a king size bed then we could put two club chairs at the foot of the bed. To accommodate this we eliminated a chest of drawers and are considering a tall bureau with 12 drawers instead of a regular double dresser. We'll hang a flat screen over it in lieu of a mirror. The bed and bureau we are leaning toward is the McCoy from Simply Amish. All along I was in search of a simple panel bed in solid wood so this seems to fit the bill. The headboard is 50 inches tall to allow the windows to run above the bed. We have some large pieces of original artwork that can fill the empty walls where there's not enough space for furniture. The house (new construction) will be a craftsman style bungalow with medium dark wood trim, doors and hardwood floors.

So what do you think of the furniture placement? Will it work? Is it too much bed or just right? (Please note that the drawing is not to scale and I couldn't get it to scan. The egress windows are not drawn in the proper spot but I still think you can get a good idea of the layout of the room.)

Another reason for the urgent request is that I just went to see an almost new king size mattress set today that was listed on craigslist for $500. It is a Westin Heavenly Bed mattress, not exactly the one I would have picked if I was buying new and money no object, but nonetheless a great deal on a decent bed. Plus we only have three weeks before we'll be sleeping on the floor if I don't find something. LOL

Comments (9)