SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
threedgrad

Vote please - should I try this? Need answer before the morning.

threedgrad
14 years ago

Sorry about posting this question here on this side but I wanted to make sure I get some feedback.

I am supposed to start training for this kitchen cabinet refacing company tomorrow morning at 9am. Training pays a very low hourly wage and it's a 24 hour drive each way from my house. The job is strictly commission with no money for gas or no cell phone given to you. If you make a sale the commission is 10% for the leads they give you and if you get your own leads then the commission is 20%. The company claims they are still doing well because many people do this refacing thing rather than an entire kitchen gut job which can cost $30,000, $50,000 or even $100,000. The typical sale is $9000 according to the manager.

I am still having bathroom problems due to my surgery which may continue forever or may eventually get better, hard to say. I may try no eating until I get home and then only eating things that my body can handle.

Although I am applying for jobs every day, this is the first place to offer me a job.

So what would you do if this was you? I have some of my friends saying don't bother and my kids saying give it a try.

Thanks for your vote.

Comments (38)