SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
achauer_gw

layout critique requested

achauer
10 years ago

I have been working on coming up with a new kitchen layout, and I think I have something that will function well. But I've never done this before, so it seemed wise to seek input from the expert voices here!

The room is 10'6" by 14'7", and the ceilings are 9'9" high. We plan to stack the uppers to the ceiling, and have either a stepladder or a removable library ladder in the room for the lesser used high storage. The upper cabinets will be 15" deep and 24" above the counter.

The counter to the left of the range is the primary prep and cooking area, and the peninsula (using a marble tabletop we already have) will be the baking prep area and seating area. The counter between the pantry pullout and the sink is for secondary prep and staging. Cleanup is of course the sink/dishwasher region.

This layout keeps the fridge, sink, and stove in the same spots as they are currently.

The cabinets will be frameless and custom built. I'm thinking of putting some kind of pullout in the blind corner for small appliance storage, either the LeMans or the Magic Corner. Pots will be stored in the other corner on super susan shelves.

I've tried to annotate as much as possible, but let me know if any more info is needed!

Here is a link that might be useful: Photos of my current kitchen

Comments (4)