SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alice462

share your pics of clapboard addition to brick house

alice462
15 years ago

A frequesnt lurker and first time poster on this forum. Am hoping that anyone who has used clapboard as siding on an addition to a brick home will be willing to share pics. We have a wonderful "historic" colonial home. Although almost 40 years old, most folks think it is 140 y.o! The original owners did a fantastic job of building a "historic" home and we want to maintain that integrity in a much needed kitchen/master addition. We have worked with an architecht who experienced in this area and I am confortable that we have paid attention to proportion and detail so that the addition will complement the original structure.

That being said -- when we priced our project (a 3 story addition) in brick to match the house -- it was through the roof! As we explored further, it became apparent that we may not even be able to match our brick and so we have decided to use brick on the ground level and siding on the 1st and 2nd levels. In theory, I know that historic homes have clapboard additions on brick homes, but would love to see anyone's photos of this to help me visualize better what we might end up with. TIA!

Comments (2)