SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
no_green_thumb

To: Zipdee re: porch railing

no_green_thumb
15 years ago

Thanks to you and your link and your pictures, I think DH is going to do this (at least he is trying).

He used to tackle anything. Now that he is getting a bit older, he keeps second-guessing with this - I don't know if I can do it attitude.

Anyway, he has a nice saw, a router and router table - and hasn't used either too much.

So he decided to give it a try and I am so excited!!

He is trying to make the side part. If you look at the house, on the right is the garage, on the left the side of the porch which is about 5' so he decided to start there.

He bought the 2 x 4's and cut them and routered the edges.

I think he is even going to build out the pillars. I would like to have them thicker ----- actually, I would like to have the beautiful round ones that you have.

Question??? How far off the ground is the bottom of the railing? We can't find this in the directions. Also, I see that it looks like you used blocks every so often to hold it up in the middle. They look like blocks of wood slipped under the railing. I have seen some around here where there is actually another pillar between the two so it would be like at about the 6' mark. I don't want that.

I love your look of all the way across.

I am including a pic as you may not remember what my house looks like. Thanks a bunch. I tried to look up an email for you so as not to bore the rest of the group here, but couldn't find one.

Comment (1)