SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eldemila

Den Decorating Help Needed in Home I Want to Buy - Pics Posted

eldemila
14 years ago

Hi All : )

I'm looking to purchase a home that I really like, but definitely needs some updating to make it "my own." I know I may be putting the cart before the horse since we don't have it yet, but want to make sure I can work with what I've got. This is just one room of 4 I have questions about working with.

I've been agonizing over the den and how I can arrange the furniture and where to put our 37" tv.

There's a fireplace, something I've never dealt with before here in SOFLA, but the fireplace isn't as so much of an issue as where to put our tv within this room, along with the furniture.

The current owners have the TV hanging on this one wall and just a single couch. I have a sectional that I may take or replace with a couch and love seat, or couch and a big cushy chair - one couch just isn't enough space, esp. since I like sprawling out on it during boob-tube time.

I've seen pros and cons about putting a tv above the fireplace. I worry about the heat, and it seems it would be too high to watch comfortably. Then, how to arrange furniture in this room.

I've looked at books and magazines and all the pictures I've been able to find never show a tv within the room, unless it's hung over the fireplace.

I've attached pictures of the room in question.

Room entering from the hall - I'd like to keep the flow of traffic from here to the kitchen entry "open" meaning nothing on that wall, so no one would be walking in front of someone on a couch, or in front of the tv - want it as a walkway.

{{!gwi}}

{{gwi:1537277}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Opposite view from the first picture.

{{gwi:1537279}}

I'm totally clueless on this one. Any help/ideas or photos of your room that may be similar would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks all!!!!!

Comments (14)