SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gldnfan

Anyone else do this?

gldnfan
15 years ago

Anticipated the installation of some major design element and been totally disappointed when you saw it - instead of loving it as you expected?

I have been planning my kitchen FOR.EVER! I am not a traditional gal but I like to mix traditional design with fun surprises. That means I take some risks and yesterday I thought I blew it big time!

I have a huge 12x4 island topped in ice stone pistacio - pale green with a hint of yellow and I did the perimeter counters in Sonoma cast stone concrete in a softer green - same color as the glass that is imbedded in the ice stone and a very large 4 ft sink also sonoma cast stone nucrete creamy color - it is called butter and it has a hint of yellow as well. Cabinets are cherry - simple shaker style.

I always knew this would be my big splurge in our new house. THe ice stone got installed last week and except for a flaw that most people won't notice I loved them - then came the concrete....I actually cried when I saw it - I hated it!! It wasn't at all what I was expecting and I felt certain I had ruined my beautiful dream kitchen. Fortunately, I have a very wise SIL with great design taste and she talked me off the wall ;-) She told me I am too close to it and I need to wait for all my choices to be incorporated to bring the whole thing together.

I went over today and I really like it - I don't love it - but I do see what it was that made me choose it in the first place - I also see as my SIL pointed out how important my backsplash is for pulling it all together - that will get installed tomorrow. I am pretty sure I will love it with the backsplash and be more comfortable with my risky choices.

I will post my completed kitchen - hopefully in a week or two - and see if I pulled it off!

Comments (10)