SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jem199

Lhasa Granite (Vyara Juparana) Bronze or stainless bar sink?

jem199
13 years ago

Is anyone here familar with Lhasa granite? The wholesaler -Mont Granite - named this block. From looking around, it appears to be most similar to Vyara Juparana:

http://slab.in/india/granite/vyara-juparana.html

The difference with Lhasa is that it has blocks of color and a river/canyon looking flow. It doesn't have the dark color in the picture above. It looked like a sunset with peach, purple and gold. It was the most beautiful stone I'd ever seen. I can't find pictures of it anywhere. I'd love to see a picture of it in a kitchen and know what else you chose to go with it.

We selected natural cherry shaker and the color goes well. We have a traditional slate floor that also matches well. I selected a satin stainless sink and the Delta Allora faucet for the main sink. Our cooktop and range hood are stainless as well. Our lights are oil rubbed bronze. I'm leaning towards the oil rubbed bronze cabinet pulls - very sleek and plain ones. If we do order this granite, we will do a very plain light colored tumbled marble brick or subway tile back splash. I'll probably add some 2" glass tiles sparingly and randomly in the backsplash to pick up the colors in the granite. The original choice for granite before we saw this stone was colonial cream - we liked how our old white formica brightened up our kitchen so we were opting for a light color. The Lhasa is a mid-range color and darker than what I thought I would pick.

I'm debating about the bar sink in the island with the Lhasa. Stainless or oil rubbed bronze? If you have a bronze sink or faucet, I'm curious to know how you like it.

Thanks! Janet

Comment