SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ahs23440

Budget Kitchen Facelift w/ Formica Butterum Granite

ahs23440
12 years ago

Hi, Have been visiting here about a year gathering info for updating my kitchen and thought I would post the results. We did not have a big budget and since my husband is quite handy decided to do the job ourselves. My cabinets were (and remain) the dreaded whitewashed or pickled oak, old countertop was butcherblock laminate and pulls were oak and brass. Appliances were white and faucet was chrome. Walls were off white, then later tan. Here is what we changed:

new Frigidaire Gallery Series stove on sale at Lowe's $550

black range hood gift from friend during her remodel $0

same year old KitchenAid dishwasher (got us started changing over to black) $0

same refridgerator but spray painted black with appliance enamel specialty paint from Lowe's $21 (cost of paint)

black oil rubbed bronze pulls ebay $1.49 ea

oil rubbed bronze high arch faucet ebay $79.00

reused same stainless steel sink $0

oil rubbed bronze ceiling fan Walmart $50

curtain "Tuscan Retreat" by Better Homes & Gardens $10

paint on hand "Macadamia" by SW $0

accent walls Walmart Better Homes & Gardens paint color matched to "Praline" by SW $40

Formica laminate "Butterum Granite" with Etchings finish and beveled edge $875 bought at fabricator, but all cutouts done and installed by husband

It's not a grand kitchen like some, and would have loved an unlimited budget, but I am pretty happy with the results!

finished kitchen

half wall shared with breakfast room to the left is SW "Macadamia" to the right is SW "Praline"

before the backsplash was installed I think this shows the paint color best

close-up of Formica "Butterum Granite". Mine has "etchings" finish and a beveled edge. This made my L shaped corner seamless.

a peek at the breakfast room side of my kitchen. It got a fresh paint job with "Praline" under the border, an Oil Rubbed Bronze metalic finish spray paint job on the old light fixture, and new oil rubbed bronze curtain pole. Don't look to close though as it is filled with all of the stuff we moved to work on the other side of the kitchen.

Comments (27)