SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jejvtr_gw

Mongo - need your advice - Pics

17 years ago

Hi Mongo,

YOu have been a great source for me over the past 7 months -

Our entire home has been renovated - few glitches here & there but overall we are quite pleased with the outcome.

We gutted our kitchen and had custom cabinetry installed - NOt sure if I communicated with you, but I think I may have re: who to install cabs - GC or cab installer. Long story - GC did not really want to bid that part, or barely give me a ballpark (we were doing T&M) on the install - despite detailed plans. I went with an installer from cab co. Mahogany cabs w/mahog trim - The rest of the room had same crown as cabs but painted dove white (another agonizing decision).

The installer requested the white painted crown to go up AFTER he did his cab crown - I had that conversation w/GC at least 3x - his guys put the painted crown up BEFORE installer - They were just about done with everything on this job and prob wanted to move on - OR maybe they didn't want to cope into cab crown.

In any case cab installer took down some of the room crown to get his in - and said the GC should have it put back up - I hate when these issues come up - I did a lot of the GC'ng on whole job.

GC has his guys re-install the painted crown several days later & is apalled at the job - Painter can't really repair so looks like down it comes again - then what -will the 3rd install be better.

I'm at the tail end of this job and this has me quite upset - It is the old finger pointing game - I don't want to hear it, I just would like it fixed!

Let me know your thoughts

Corner cab - difficult area - header, and 3 different ceiling heights

close up of the header/corner cab

Close ups of the cab crown into painted crown

now I'm wondering if I should do something quickly about getting that chalk off the mahogany crown

ANy thoughts??? I want to cry

Thanks Mongo

EIleen

Comments (2)