SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bgibi_gw

I really, really need your help with the open room layout!

bgibi
14 years ago

The kitchen is 80% done..we still need the backsplash (help!), the new Electrolux refrigerator (can't wait!), and the barstools. The rest of this open room plan has taxed my brain! Originally we were going to move the slider down and put the TV armoire in the corner, but the living room furniture will be so awkward with the traffic flow from the stairway/door to the garage. Then we thought of just mounting it in the corner. Again, awkward. We like where the dining room where it is as it affords us to rework the TV armoire into a side hutch (another project!). We will cut it in half and have an upper cabinet, granite from the same slab as the island, and drawers below. We couldn't put the TV in this area as it's awkward for the flow from the entry. So I guess I'm left with the area where the kitchen used to be. We moved the kitchen kitty corner from where it was, and took out a dual sided fireplace that was smack in the middle which made two small rooms.

Please look at the pictures attached and let me know how you would lay this out. Our brainfart right now is to put a slimline zero clearance fireplace where the gas line for the stove used to be and mount the plasma above. So that leaves the layout for furniture. I've moved the old couches around but it still seems off. New furniture, floors, etc to follow. Ideas pretty please!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Layout

Comments (3)