SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lhartnett

Bamboo flooring....cross post...pls help

L H
14 years ago

I'm entertaining Cali Bamboo fossilized woven strand bamboo flooring or Natural Floors woven strand spice bamboo flooring (Lowe's). The samples are gorgeous and look nothing the horizontal bamboo floors. They appeal to me as it's eco and pocket book friendly.

I've been reading about bamboo easily scratching or denting but i think these must be with the vertical bamboo flooring or low end brands. It's still making me nervous. Does anyone have any experience?

Comments (3)

• rufinorox
    14 years ago

Before we installed our brazilain teak we were planning on bamboo. The guy at Lumber Liquidators showed us an example of what it would take to scratch these floors. He took two sampled pieces and banged them together like you wouldn't believe ... there was the slightest scratch. I believe quality does matter. In the end we chose Brazliain teak for the look and durabilility.

• pauldavisseattle
    14 years ago

We have just installed Plyboo Strand bamboo floors from Smith and Fong.

We did a ton of research and decided on the Smith and Fong because it is beautiful and very, very strong: 3000 Janka rating. The price was also quite reasonable, and it is green, even among bamboo products.

Obviously we have no first hand experience with durability yet, but were quite impressed in our dealings with the manufacturer. Our queries about installation and finishing were answered quite promptly and knowledgeably.

• jenelia_sarver_gmail_com
    12 years ago

pauldavisseattle

Just wondering how your Plyboo turned out for you? I am considering installing it as well.