SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
littlesmokie

Coordinating aged brass hardware/faucet?

littlesmokie
14 years ago

Backstory: I'd settled on polished nickel/polished chrome cabinet hardware (bin pulls, cabinet latches, exposed hinges etc.) and polished chrome or stainless steel bridge faucet for our 1913 Colonial.

But I realized throughout the house, most of the hardware is what looks to be old unlacquered brass. I know it was common to have different surfaces/finishes in formal vs informal parts of house, but now I wonder if I should match it for the kitchen?

Question: I saw the Herbeau Creations faucet linked below in person at a local hardware store and LOVED it. But I can't picture what the complimentary cabinet hardware at Rejuvenation would be...Burnished antique? Unlacquered brass (how long does it take to "age"? LOL) Oil rubbed bronze (but worried that will read as too dark, more like black)?

(If it works, here is a link to those finish choices for reference

http://www.rejuvenation.com/fixshow8677/templates/selection.phtml

And I don't know if I can give up this mental picture I've had of PN/chrome with my off white painted cabinets.

Would you mix your hardware finishes? (What about a mix of PN & aged brass?) Keep to one finish throughout the house? (which is more age appropriate?)

Also having a hard time picturing the aged brass adjacent to the stainless range and hood we're planning.

I've read in a few design blogs lately that brass in making a comeback (I think I've seen a few here, I believe...segbrown? but I can't remember who else?)

Thoughts? Thanks!

Hopefully the link takes you to the namur faucet in aged brass/copper with white handles.

Here is a link that might be useful: Herbeau Creations faucet

Comments (8)