SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
petra_gw

Does anyone have Cosentino Eco Countertops?

petra_gw
12 years ago

Last weekend, we went looking for countertops again. I dragged so many countertop samples home, I almost needed a wheelbarrow for my purse.

Eco Luna looked the absolute best, even much better than Zodiaq Antique Pearl. Everything else was too dark or too light. Luna is light, but not bright white and no gray tones, and it contains little sparkles, whee. :o)

But while we both love the color, I am just not sure about several issues. First of all, it comes in 2 centimeters, or with a fabricated edge which makes it look like 4 centimeters. However, it is already expensive, and the edge adds almost $2 per linear inch! And I don't know if 2 centimeters without an edge would look too flimsy?

Second, apparently, it's only been in commerce for 2 years and the warranty was originally 5 years. Now it's up to 10 years, whereas comparable countertops have 25 year warranties. This makes me nervous as the product hasn't been around long and it might have severe flaws which won't become evident til later.

There isn't much info online, just a few people complaining about scratches which appear to be related to mishandling by the installer.

So, lots to consider and I am really hoping someone who has had an Eco countertop for a while will weigh in.

Comments (28)