SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tuoihong

White Fantasy Quartzite vs Yellow Juparana Delicatus Granite

tuoihong
12 years ago

My original plan was that I wanted to get something close to the look of marble that is not marble. Well, I found White Fantasy and I really like it.

Then I suddenly came upon Yellow Juparana Delicatus. The particular slab I have on hold has this most unique yellow that I've never seen in granite before. Most of the time it's more of a golden yellow. This yellow here is just "yellow", a very cool tone too. And, the white in the slab is whiter than I've seen on any Delicatus (even the so called white delicatus).

Now here's my dilemma: I'm in love with both slabs. They both work with the colors of my floor (gray 12 x 24 subway pattern), cabinets (black brown base and white upper) and walls (silvery moonlight/gray). However, both are totally different looks.

Do I want to go monochromatic with the white fantasy/super white quartzite and add pop of color elsewhere in accents; or go with the yellow juparana delicatus granite and make that the centerpece? I will have a big center island (114" x 44").

I am a bit more modern contemporary and both would work in my kitchen. Just that the white fantasy will be definately be "cooler", white the delicatus will be "warmer". But I also think I will have more accent color options with the white fantasy (as it will make the kitchen scheme monochromatic). Oh gosh this is just so tough a decision for me when I usually have no problems deciding on these kinds of things.

Opinions anyone?

I will see if I can post some pics.

Comments (24)