SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisa98112

Any other DIYers out there with burnout?

lisa98112
17 years ago

My dh and I have been rennovating our 1915 craftsman home since late last summer and it just feels like we keep pushing back out completion date. We were going full speed in the beginning. Working all day then coming home and working on the house another 3-5 hours before collapsing into bed.

We've made great progress, replumbed, rewired (mostly), demoed the kitchen and 2 baths. Removed wallpaper from 5 rooms and the hallway and patched the plaster. Removed the dropped ceiling from almost the entire main floor. Ripped up all the carpet. Had the wood floors refinished (we hired pros for this part). Hung new drywall in the kitchen and bathroom. Installed a new bathtub and vanity, Installed new cabinets in the kitchen. Had new countertops put in, etc.

We now have a functioning kitchen, master bathroom and living and dining room. Still have to prime and paint 3 rooms and the hallway, all the trim (except the ones with the original wood), install quarter round, touch up paint, install new window treatments, and we haven't even started on the unfinished basement.

I know we've done so much, but there is still lots to do and we no longer have the energy or motivation we did in the beginning. Any tips from people who have been or are in the same boat? I just want to be done with home improvement and enjoy my life again.

Comments (8)