SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lauren0319

Built-in laundry hamper? +thoughts on this built in idea?

lauren0319
10 years ago

We have removed our garden tub and are putting built-in drawers in its place. I am also wanting a built-in laundry hamper. Actually, I want two- one for lights and one for darks. They don't have to be huge bc it's just for me and dh. I'm kind of thinking the size of those tall, thin laundry baskets. I have seen many many different options on houzz and pinterest. I've seen slide out (similar to slide out trash cans in the kitchen) and ones that tilt out. Does anyone have a preference or personal experience?
I'm okay with something stationary and then pulling out the laundry to a basket when it's time to wash.... However, a removable basket might be ideal.
Thoughts?
We're also wanting at least 6 drawers. They don't have to be super wide or anything- it's for my bras, panties, and socks, and then dh needs 3- socks, underwear, and undershirts. This is entirely custom as dh is building it so basically we can do anything we want. :) If I could get an additional 1 or 2 drawers for my PJs that would be great!

Here is the space- it's 60" wide.

Obviously we'll be building up past the bottom of the window. We're going to case out the windows and put some "dummy" casing along the bottom. Unless someone else has a better idea :)
wdyt?

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio