SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stargirl_gw

Auntjen & Everyone -- Changing Horses in the Middle of the Stream

stargirl
12 years ago

Auntjen, I have been following your posts and love how you've transformed your home (and rather quickly, I might add) from Southwestern to a more cottagey decor. Just wondering if anyone else has wanted to "change horses in the middle of the stream" so to speak. I know that Auntjen was inspired by a recent trip to England. My little home is really cute -- the kitchen has a bistro feel with lots of black, white and red and those colors are carried over into the living area, although the look there is more eclectic (zebra pillows, red walls, etc.) Lately I find myself wanting a different look. Guess that's because it's summer and I've been looking at a lot of Coastal Living magazines. I can imagine my living room walls the color of sand, and turquoise pillows on the sofa, and bamboo blinds at the windows, etc. And, also, I can picture my ebony kitchen cabinets being creamy white with turquoise accents on the counters. Since we live on the river, I'm thinking this is a more appropriate feel for our place. It sounds challenging to change everything but my big pieces of furniture are neutral (tan couch, chair, and chaise) and the floors are wood laminate. So, really, just changing the paint colors and accessories would give me a new look. Have any of you, other than auntjen, been like this and started over again? Or, do you feel it's just a whim, or as I said, due to the fact it is summer and that I want a lighter feel? Tell me of your experiences.

Comments (45)