SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cziga

The biggest project I have finished to date :)

cziga
11 years ago

Hey everyone, I know I've been MIA for a while ... haven't even had time to read the forum, let alone post ... been so busy, ill for a while, and working hard on a quilt...

I've been working on a quilt for a friend, as a wedding gift. The colours are her wedding colours, and I chose a pattern that formed a heart. I thought I'd post some photos :) It is meant as a large snuggly tv quilt, but could work on a bed too, however they decide to use it.

I machine quilted this one, I thought it might get used/washed too often for hand quilting. The back is a brown flannel, just to make it more comfy. Quilted in variegated blue thread (first time I've used the variegated, jury is still out on whether I like it) with a small serpentine stitch pattern along the diagonal lines. Not too heavily quilted because I wanted it to "pouf" up a bit. Batting is cotton.

I've made smaller quilts, but this is the largest project I have finished yet ... and getting it through the machine was a challenge, both mentally and physically, lol. Its funny, I see all the mistakes when I look at it, the small places where the points don't quite line up etc, but I think overall I'm pleased that I managed to finish a large quilt in my small sewing area, on my small basic machine, that looks pretty good!

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

I'm wondering what to write in the card as "care instructions". What do you write when you give a quilt as a gift? I guess I'd want to say that it is 100% cotton, machine quilted, washable ... what is important information to include with a quilt?

Comments (11)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH